Artistic Quartz Countertops Wichita, KS
Quartz is actually a synthetic type of material made from an amalgamation of stone chips.
It’s mixed with resins and a variety of pigments to make beautiful slabs to be turned into countertops. Like other hard surface countertop materials, quartz is non-porous so it resists staining. It stands up to juice, oil, wine, tomato, coffee and other sources of stains in the kitchen. For cleanliness, a non-porous surface means that it will not harbor bacteria or viruses. Quartz is actually harder than granite and thus, more durable. In fact, quartz is nearly indestructible but be careful with cooking pans though: Quartz countertops can be damaged by excessive heat, so use heating pads at all times to extend its life and quality.
Quartz Countertops Colors
These Quartz photos are an inspiration for your project please visit us to get a better look and feel for the color.
Pros & Cons of Quartz Countertops
– They are man-made, colored with pigments and come in any color imaginable including a natural marble look.
– They have a manufactured, consistent look.
– They are nearly indestructible.
– They add value.
– They are non-porous, resist stains and require no maintenance.
– They can discolor or fade with exposure to direct sunlight.
– They are not as natural looking as natural stone.
– They can be damaged by heat and cooking pans.